There's also TPCC-js, which is more sophisticated, but is ultimately still a transactional, back-office OLTP benchmark.
So I'm thinking of developing a "webapp" benchmark. Here's what I see as concepts for such a benchmark:
- No multi-statement transactions
- Defined "users" concept with logins and new user registration
- Needs a "sessions" table which is frequently updated
- Read-write, read-only and session database connections should be separable, in order to test load-balancing optimization.
- Queries counting, sorting and modifying content
- Measured unit of work is the "user session" which would contain some content lookups and minor updates ("likes").