As an experiment, I'm trying to do hands-on for this tutorial by using Vagrant, which will provide each attendee with a nice VM they can use to try out various PostgreSQL administrative commands. Of course, this means that attendees need to download, install, and run setup on Vagrant before the tutorial, and preferably while they are still at home with good internet access. I've a feeling that 20 people will want to try to install it the morning of the tutorial, which won't work. I'm also conflicting with "predictive R analytics", dammit.
If you're attending the tutorial, preparation materials are here.
As usual, there will be a significant amount of PostgreSQL content aside from my own tutorial, which includes:
- Christophe Pettus doing PostgreSQL as a NoSQL Database
- Dimitri Fontaine doing Large Scale MySQL Migration to PostgreSQL
- A PostgreSQL booth in the Trade Show
- PDXPUG event, including me and Dimitri speaking, and beer, on Wednesday night.
- There's also been some talk about a Big Data event Tuesday night.