So: if you plan to upgrade to 9.5, download and test now. Final will be released in early January, barring discovery of new ghastly bugs in the RC.
To make it easier for you to test, I've updated the postgres95-test Docker image, ready for you to download and try out whatever you want.
9.5 brings us a lot of cool features which are likely to justify upgrading for you:
- Row Level Security
- Grouping Sets/CUBE/ROLLUP
- Faster sorts for text
- FDW push-down and partitioning support
- BRIN indexes
- What's New in 9.5
- My articles on 9.5 for LWN: Part 1 and Part 2
- Discussion on Multxact fixes
- Guide to 9.5 beta testing
Post a Comment